|NANJING UNIVERSITY OF AERONAUTICS & ASTRONAUTICS|
Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics (NUAA) was established in October 1952. It has 2 campuses now: Minggugong Campus (situated on the remains of the ancient Ming Palace) and Jiangjunlu Campus (situated in Jiangning Economic and Technological Development Zone), covering an area of 173 hectares with a building floor space of 650,000 square meters. The library has a collection of over 1,300,000 volumes. Now the total number of registered students is 24,500. Among them 14,800 are undergraduates, 3,700 postgraduates, 111 overseas students and 5,900 part-time students. NUAA has a staff of 2,478, among whom 1,400 are faculty members and researchers. There are 196 professors , 510 associate professors,5 CAS and CAE academicians,117 Ph.D.supervisors,3 members of academic Degree Committee under the State Council,3 “Cheungkong” professors, 26 professors with national or provincial recognition for their outstanding contribution.
NUAA has gone through 3 major periods since 1952, evolving from a teaching-oriented university to a research-oriented university. Currently administrated by the Commission of National Defense Science, Technology and Industry, NUAA is a national key university that focuses on science and engineering. It enjoys a well-balanced development of multiple disciplines in modern engineering and technology, management sciences, natural sciences, humanities and social sciences with the characteristics of aeronautics, astronautics and civil aviation. NUAA has successfully entered the 211 Project and established the graduate school.
NUAA consists of the following colleges:
Programs offered in English
Get the information about admission in University, Admission Requirements etcâ€¦.
Get the information about Chinese higher education system etcâ€¦
NUAA took the 1st place in Chinese University of satisfaction list. With rapid progress in teaching and researching, NUAA has successfully entered the 211 project and accomplished the 9th five-year-project, setting up solid foundations for further development in research, teaching and technology innovation an application. Basic construction in NUAA has made great strides in supporting the above. Since 1996 the School has developed a total of 280,000 square meters, an equivalent to that completed between 1952 and 1985, to suit the increasing demand for development. To meet the new challenge in the 21st century, NUAA has raised funds to purchase 67 hectares for a new campus in Jiangning Economic & Technological Development Zone. The new campus, with 9500 students living on it now, shall accommodate 14,000 students upon completion. Adorned by beautiful trees and flowers.
Advantages of NUAA:
1. According to the statistics issued by the Ministry of Education, NUAA remained one of the ten top universities for 7 consecutive years (from 1991 to 1997) in terms of the total number of achievements and awards in scientific research.
2. NUAA was awarded “Unit of Great Contributions “by AVIC and “Advanced Group of Scientific and Technological Work in National Institutions of Higher Learning” by the former Ministry of Education and the former National Commission of Science of China.
3. It is hoped that by 2010, NUAA will have become the nation’s first-class university enjoying worldwide renown.
4. The University offers the courses both in English Medium and Chinese medium.
5. NUAA has taken great interest in international academic exchanges and scientific cooperation. Since 1987, over 1,000 persons have been sent to as many as 34 countries and regions for advanced studies, academic exchanges and cooperation.
6. NUAA now has over 13,100 students pursuing degree programs at different levels. Among them.11, 100 are undergraduates and about 2,000 postgraduate students.
7. The University has a staff strength of 2, 450, among whom 1,380 are faculty members and researchers with 160 being professors and 540 being associate professors.
8. NUAA has raised enough funds and purchased an area of 50 hectares in the Jiangning High-Tech Development Zone to build a new campus that can accommodate 12,000 students.
9. NUAA consists of 10 colleges. NUAA has set up as many as 50 research institutes.
10. There are as many as 27 programs with 50 majors, among which, 42 offer master’s degrees and 21 doctor’s degrees.
About Nanjing City:
Nanjing is situated on the middle and lower reaches of the Yangtze River in eastern China. The city covers an area of over six thousand square kilometers with a population of over 6.2 million.